Please excuse the top posting, if that offends, as I am forced to use a web
client that cannot bottom post.  Easily.

Here it is, only a bit obfuscated:

"Aug 21 13:18:07 some_machine postfix/smtpd[23306]: warning: Illegal address
syntax from somehost.domedomain[aa.bb.cc.dd] in MAIL command: <A Web server
Script>"

That's all there is on that line.  Thanks for the assistance.

joe a.

On 21 Aug 2014, at 19:32, Joe Acquisto-j4 <j...@j4computers.com> wrote:

> Some mail from local (mynetworks) machines are getting mail rejected with
> "warning: Illegal address syntax from blah in MAIL command: <a b c>"
> This is despite "resolve_numeric_domain = yes" in main.cf, which I read was
> supposed to fix bad from address from scripts, etc.
>
> Wrong?

Post your actual error message, please. Your reinterpretation of it strips too
much information.

Mvg,
Joni