Am 15.09.2014 um 18:19 schrieb Andrew J. Schorr:
> Wietse Venema wrote:
>> As long as the SMTP session still exists, the client may still make
>> a mistake, and postscreen will not whitelist it.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.  I am surprised that Amazon's mailservers are so
> stupid.
>
>> Don't use deep protocol tests if they cause problems. These tests
>> are off by default for a good reason.
>
> Sigh.  Without the deep protocol tests (and the implicit greylisting), my
> systems are inundated with spam.  We find that spamassassin is missing far too
> many spam messages.  With the deep protocol tests enabled, our spam has been
> reduced to almost zero.  So I don't think turning them off is a realistic
> option for us.  Thanks for implementing this feature; it really helps

you could try some other postscren features especially combine
blacklists with different weights to prevent false positives

the DNSBL/DNSWL mix below blocks 90% of junk without ever
touch the smtpd process and turned out to prevent false
positives like as example the linuc foundation NL would
have been blocked by "b.barracudacentral.org" but not
listed on any other RBL, so it missed one score point

the response filter is very helpful because "dnsbl.sorbs.net"
as example with one DNS requests asks different lists and
so "dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.10" is dialup, the same for
"zen.spamhaus.org" with the response "127.0.0.[10;11]"

hence both have the reject score of 8 while any other
RBL needs in this setup confirmation by a second one
and in doubt some you can not serious use for blocking
throw a few points in the mix

what i recently implemented was
 * give thx MX a second IP
 * add it everywehere as backup-mx
 * disable postcreen WL on that IP

it turns out that a lot of zombies try only the backup MX
and i found also some trying later on the primary while in
the meantime they where on blacklists, see some stats

Default-MX:          5954
Honeypot-MX:         2684
Honeypot-Only:       2455

postscreen_dnsbl_ttl                 = 30m
postscreen_dnsbl_threshold           = 8
postscreen_dnsbl_action              = enforce
postscreen_greet_action              = enforce
postscreen_greet_wait                = ${stress?2}${stress:10}s
postscreen_whitelist_interfaces      = !<second-ip-for-backup-mx>, static:all
postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
 dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.10*8
 zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[10;11]*8
 b.barracudacentral.org*7
 dnsbl.inps.de*7
 dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.5*6
 zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[4..7]*6
 bl.mailspike.net*4
 bl.spamcop.net*4
 bl.spameatingmonkey.net*4
 ix.dnsbl.manitu.net*4
 dnsrbl.swinog.ch*4
 zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.3*4
 psbl.surriel.com*3
 dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net*3
 zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.2*3
 dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.6*2
 dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.9*2
 ips.backscatterer.org*1
 list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].0*-2
 list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].1*-3
 list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].2*-4
 list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].3*-5

Spamassassin:

you need to adjust some rules in "local.cf", my setup is running as
milter where above a mail get rejected and there are too high scored
whitelists and other rules too low - recently a new "money" wave made
it to 3 of my addresses and after adjust some scores and feed the
bayes with 2 examples the following where blocked with a score of 10

you can find the default scores with a command similar to that (depending where
your files are installed) - just grep for tags a definite spam message got
cat /var/lib/spamassassin/3.004000/updates_spamassassin_org/*.cf | grep score |
grep MONEY | grep -v '#'

# adjust IADB scoring (way too high defaults)
score RCVD_IN_IADB_VOUCHED -0.4
score RCVD_IN_IADB_DOPTIN -0.6
score RCVD_IN_IADB_ML_DOPTIN -0.8

# mailspike whitelist-scores