On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:01:51AM -0500, Larry Stone wrote:

> > You should no longer need to specify "-lresolv" (though it won't
> > fix this problem), and should never have needed to specify "-arch x86_64?.
>
> Hmmm, that '-arch x86_64' was in a note you (Viktor) posted on 5/11/14 in the
> topic "Client side DANE - minimum openssl version".

Only because I failed to prune some inessential, but likely harmless
details from the HOWTO in question:

    http://diymacserver.com/mail/snow-leopard/compiling-postfix-in-64-bits/

which is still showing wrong usage of "-L/path" to this day.

> with or without the -arch x86_64...

The target architecture defaults to the machine archicture.  You
only need "-arch" when building for a different machine type than
the one you're using.

--
        Viktor.