On Oct 20, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:01:51AM -0500, Larry Stone wrote:
>
>>> You should no longer need to specify "-lresolv" (though it won't
>>> fix this problem), and should never have needed to specify "-arch x86_64?.
>>
>> Hmmm, that '-arch x86_64' was in a note you (Viktor) posted on 5/11/14 in
>> the topic "Client side DANE - minimum openssl version".
>
> Only because I failed to prune some inessential, but likely harmless
> details from the HOWTO in question:
>
>    http://diymacserver.com/mail/snow-leopard/compiling-postfix-in-64-bits/
>
> which is still showing wrong usage of "-L/path" to this day.

I’ve moved beyond that site, which seems to no longer keeping up with the OS X
changes, in large part thanks to the help you’ve provided.

>> with or without the -arch x86_64...
>
> The target architecture defaults to the machine archicture.  You
> only need "-arch" when building for a different machine type than
> the one you're using.

The more you post about these things, the more I learn.  So a very sincere
"Thank You" for all you contribute to Postfix.

--
Larry Stone
lston...@stonejongleux.com