On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 13:25:49 -0500
Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com> wrote:

> Further, I now see clearly that dig responses I was getting from my
> MiFi connection are incomplete.  No additional information with those
> problems.  Just tested again, and nope, not there.  Won't bother with
> that again.  Might as well just add the @server from regular
> connection to one of the root servers.

Please note that most, if not all mobile wireless services intercept
DNS via a "transparent proxy" and change the responses returned to you.
This is also something wired service providers are beginning to do
more frequently as well. You will need a completely different means of
access to DNS to get unbiased, unfiltered, trustworthy results.

jd