Dear Colleagues,

I would like to understand how Postfix receiving message. I expect that
Postfix has been written base on the RFC rules so maybe somebody will be
able to explain me how its working inside - how this system receiving
message and what is going on in the background.

Our consultant hardly trying to tell us that server during receiving phase
checking MX record of the domain from which coming the E-mail. Does it
really working this way ? I always thought that Postfix checking first DNS
A record (reverse dns), then SPF etc.etc.

I always thought that MX record is provide clear information about the
servers to which client needs to send a message. But right now I`m
completly out of space...

Does system check mx record when its receiving message or not ?

Do You know where may I find RFC which fully describing this SMTP process ?

With kind regards

Zalezny