* bi...@sent.at <bi...@sent.at>:
> Hi
>
> I'm building my 1st Postfix server and working on getting Postscreen setup.
>
> I RTFM here
>
>   http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html
>
> Where it says
>
>  The third layer performs light-weight content inspection with the Postfix
>  built-in header_checks and body_checks. This can block unacceptable
> attachments such as
>  executable programs, and worms or viruses with easy-to-recognize signatures.

To clarify: postscreen never sees a message body. It probes the client IP and
fakes a few SMTP commands, but that's it.

However your content test should work.

> So in my main.cf I added
>
>  body_checks = /etc/postfix/body_checks.pcre
>
> Checked that it's in there
>
>  postconf -n | grep body_checks
>   body_checks = /etc/postfix/body_checks.pcre

The right [tm] method would be to use the postconf utility and let it return
the parameter setting:

% postconf -n body_checks

If it does not return anything chances are you mistyped the parameter or
something similiar. (That's make makes postconf better than grep).

> and edited
>
>  /etc/postfix/body_checks.pcre
>   /TEST BAD CONTENT/  REJECT  554 5.7.1 Message not allowed
>
> Then I test it with
>
>  postmap -q "TEST BAD CONTENT" pcre:/etc/postfix/body_checks.pcre
>   REJECT  554 5.7.1 [P5] Message not allowed
>
> So it looks ok to me.
>
> But then I send myself a test message from gmail, making sure the text "TEST
> BAD CONTENT" is in the body.
>
> And it passes right through :-(

Save the message to a file. And test like this:

% postmap -q - pcre:/etc/postfix/body_checks.pcre <messagefile

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64