Hi Wilfried

> seems you are using amavis in before-queue mode?

Yep, at this first step it's before-queue

> As i remember, a proxy-smtpd, doesn't do any header- and body-checks

Ok, so I must have missed that :-/  I don't yet grok all the details of
before-VS-after queuing.  WOrkinf on that - it's pretty thick stuff.

> The more interresting master.cf lines are the ones who get the mail from
> amavis. Do you have somthing like

>       -o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks

Yep, I had

 -o receive_override_options=...,no_header_body_checks

on the next hop that received back from the 1st-step before-queue Amavisd

So changing that

 - -o receive_override_options=...,no_header_body_checks
 + -o receive_override_options=...

Then figuring out that 'postfix reload' isn't enough and that I had to restart
postfix, it works!

So now when I send email with the test string in it it gets rejected, I get
this in the reject message

        <bi...@example.com>: host mx.example.com[###.###.###.###]
            said: 550 5.7.1 id=04518-01 - Rejected by next-hop MTA on relaying,
from
            MTA(smtp:[127.0.0.1]:50100): 550 5.7.1 554 5.7.1 Message not allowed

where

        smtp:[127.0.0.1]:50100

is what catches the return from before-queue Amavisd.

So it's rejecting it now!  Thanks a bunch :-)

One thing, that reject message has the IP/Port (smtp:[127.0.0.1]:50100) of the
next-hop MTA in it.

Can I quiet that message down somewhere to NOT include that info?  Just include
the REJECT, but not the IP/Port, maybe referring to it by its 'syslog_name' or
something like that?

Thanks,

Billy