BTW, I do have aliases for emails to the mailman lists in my alias database, so I believe that is also good.

On 2016-07-25 05:14 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 05:04:15PM -0600, Bob wrote:

lists.faithwalk.ca      mailman:
faithwalk.ca            mailman:
There's your mistake, you can't deliver non-list mail via mailman, it only
handles mailing lists.  Only the "lists" subdomain should be routed to
"mailman".
If you want lists of the form "listn...@faithwalk.ca" you'll need to alias them
to "l...@lists.faithwalk.ca".
I understand, but don't know how to make this happen.
You'll need to find a sufficiently detailed HOW-TO.  Or perhaps
someone else on the list can walk you through this step-by-step.

As I look this up, what I find is changing the line "faithwalk.ca mailman"
to "faithwalk.ca smtp:faithwalk.ca" but it seems wrong to me as I look at
it. Do I need to change to virtual domains to use mailman?
Local domains should, and by default do, get delivered by local(8) not smtp(8).
So, should I take out "faithwalk.ca mailman" if it works by default?
Yes, but if you host lists at that domain, you'll need some aliases,
if all the lists are in the "lists." subdomain, then it might be
sufficient, provided there are no other issues.