On 09/15/2016 05:35 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 09/15/16 06:49, Wietse Venema wrote:
>> Phil Stracchino:
>>> Well, it's supposed to Just Work if they're using libmysqlclient.  I'm
>>> not sure where to get the information of NOT using libmysqlclient, other
>>> than just searching likely locations.
>> FYI, Postfix uses libmysqlclient. So what's up with not reading
>> the default config file?
> In that case, I have no idea why it's not picking up the default config.
>  To the best of my understanding, it should.  But having never worked
> with libmysqlclient directly myself, my understanding may very well be
> incomplete or wrong, and it's likely there are details I don't know.

In order to get libmysqlclient to read the standard options file
you have to specifically define the group name to read from that file
for example "your_prog_name".

mysql_options(&mysql,MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_GROUP,"your_prog_name");

This must be called prior to mysql_real_connect.

When you specify this option, then the [client] section
and the [your_prog_name] section of the default my.cnf file
are read.

John