On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 09:02:17PM -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 7/25/2017 8:48 PM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> >I am curious, what kind of logic do you have to determine that a
> >spamming client might be a backscatterer?  Are you talking about a
> >custom policy service, or a milter?
>
> For the record, I can agree to disagree as I respect and understand
> your position.  I just choose to do it differently and think others
> should as well.
>
> But yes, I use a milter.  I am a fanboy of MIMEDefang.
>
> For example, in his case, I have a REDIS backend and would store
> message IDs if I give a 5xx.  Then if I see the same message id
> retried, you could do the 2xx+silent discard.

Ah, okay.  It seems we are looking at this from totally different
angles.  My rejections are pre-DATA, so there is no Message-ID to
record.

I would still be curious to know (back to what the OP was asking) if
this strategy of accept+discard is actually making the zombies go
away ... I wouldn't think so.  But this is probably not all that
relevant to Postfix, at this point.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/