I have been soliciting help from this list for some time now in the process
of planning my new single-server, multi-domain web and mail server, with
domains 'domain1.tld1' through 'domainN.tldN'.

I have been experimenting with Lets Encrypt clients with mixed success,
and, as of this morning, think I have all the bugs worked out for all my
domains.  In the example use of the client it shows creating a single
server cert for 'foo.com www.foo.com smtp.foo.com'.

I don't pretend to know all the details yet, but I believe that I must have
only one MTA on the server and that it must have a single name which is the
same for the MX record for each of the multiple domains.  My planned name
is 'mail.domain1.tld1'.

Now my question:  is there any future benefit to having tls certs for a
host name of "smtp.domain.tld" for each "domain.tld" when all domains will
have the same mail server?

Thanks.

-Tom