On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:05:07PM -0400, J Doe wrote:

> My questions are:
>
> 1.  When using Postfix and virtual domain hosting in this fashion, is
> there any way to pass SPF when mail from a sending account is forwarded
> to another host (ie: Gmail) ?

This requires SRS, and fairly effective anti-spam filters.  Much
simpler to not support forwarding.

> 2. Do I need to be concerned with a SPF SOFTFAIL from GMail when the same
> message generates a pass for DKIM (I have OpenDKIM configured and running
> correctly), and DMARC ?  In this case, does a SPF SOFTAIL but a DKIM and
> DMARC pass mean that SPF is always discounted and the mail won�t be
> quarantined ?

When the sending domain has both SPF and DKIM, you may be fine, as
Google should be able to figure out that the message is a real
hotmail message relayed through your system.  However, much depends
on the details of the upstream DKIM signature and how it is processed
by Gmail.

Domains that only publish SPF pose a more significant issue.

--
        Viktor.