On Thu, January 4, 2018 2:57 pm, John Stoffel wrote:

> So what is the advantage of using mysql here?  Ease of adding/removing
> users?

John, thanks

yes, ease of use, and, ability of having others able to add/edit if or as
needed

> In any case, just bumping up the mysql defaults to higher numbers,
> using the mysltuner script, might be all you need to do.  Google for the
> script.

found it, thanks, that will be next step

> How big a server did you get in terms of memory?

4GB, same as old server

On Thu, January 4, 2018 1:38 pm, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> MariaDB does indeed read /etc/my.cnf, and should also read
> /etc/my.cnf.d/*.cnf.  Make sure that nothing in /etc/my.cnf.d/ is

Phil,

thanks, as it was, the my.cnf that this server uses turned to be in
/etc/opt/rh/rh-mariadb102

so, initially I was editing wrong files, then, correct files, BUT changes
hit the systemd limit

but, I think I'm getting there, thanks again.