> On Mar 1, 2018, at 3:42 PM, J Doe <gene...@nativemethods.com> wrote:
>
> I have been reading about the ESMTP CHUNKING extension (RFC 3030), after
> noticing that both Hotmail and Gmail advertise it on EHLO.
>
> I checked the Postfix man pages (man 5 postconf), as well as the Postfix
> documentation at postfix.org [1] and can’t see any documentation related to
> it.

There is little need for CHUNKING.  It is unnecessary complexity for rather
modest
data compression (avoiding base64 encoding when the message originates from an
MUA
that supports BINARYMIME and CHUNKING and the same is true of every MTA along
the
path).

Exim implemented chunking and had a long string of bugs until they ironed out
all
the issues.  In Postfix my sense is that it is not a worthwhile feature.

--
        Viktor.