Wietse:
>>si5:
> Hi
>
> I posted one query similar to the above but I didn't got any satisfactory
> replies. The link for the query is provided below:-
> http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/benchmark-for-postfix-td95966.html
>
> We want to find an official document for postfix which will tell the
> maximum
> load capacities for postfix mail server. We tried to search for it but we
> could only find performance test research papers.

>>If you can predict the behavior of every program including the
>>kernel and firmware in your HDD or SSD, then a precise prediction
>>may be possible given controlled inputs. Otherwise, only estimates
>>can be made.

Thanks for taking to reply.

Yeah, it is correct. But actually we don't want a precise prediction. We
just want like ---> after the development of any server, some maximum load
statistics must be made. And we want to make an analogous statistics for our
case.

> Actually we have made few changes in postfix source code and we are doing
> performance testing on it . But we want to get an official document where
> postfix maximum capacities are checked after development so that we can do
> an analogous testing and then documentation.
>
> We tried to search for other mail servers also like Microsoft Exchange
> server, IBM lotus domino, etc in this regard with no very relevant
> results.

>>May I suggest: you test the modified code and the unmodified code
>>and then try to explain why one is better than the other.

>>        Wietse

Yes we have tested unmodified code with spirent(200,000 mails per 10
minutes) and drops were very less. Ofcourse the unmodified code is better
but we modified it based on our requirements and now we are testing it too.
And it is showing significant mail drops. Once we are able make the drops
less we want to document the maximum load capacities of this modified
server. Thatswhy we are trying to find a document which has such information
so that we can do an analogous testing and documentation.

Saahil