On 27 Apr 2018, at 2:50, si5 wrote:

We want to find an official document for postfix which will tell the maximum load capacities for postfix mail server. We tried to search for it but we
could only find performance test research papers.

Actually we have made few changes in postfix source code and we are doing performance testing on it . But we want to get an official document where postfix maximum capacities are checked after development so that we can do
an analogous testing and then documentation.

We tried to search for other mail servers also like Microsoft Exchange
server, IBM lotus domino, etc in this regard with no very relevant results.

There is a single reason for the lack of any "official" capacity assertions for any MTA: no such metric can be operationally useful. The SPECmail benchmark series was never useful for anything other than generating a minor revenue stream for SPEC and giving salesfolk meaningless numbers to throw at non-technical customers. It is good that it was retired.

To compare the performance of the canonical Postfix code to a modified version, you need to first define what performance metrics you care about and what sort of mail load you want to test against. You cannot compare your own test measurements to a baseline performance measurement for the canonical Postfix code from tests done by someone else with a test load you can't replicate on a platform you can't replicate. You need to generate your own controls.