On 12.7.2018 23:22, cvandesa...@opendmz.com wrote:
I've been successfully using Postfix 3.3.1 behind an Haproxy for a few
weeks now, and while this is a minor complaint, I just wondered if it
was known.

I have dual-stack ipv4/v6 support enabled and as a result most of my
mail that comes from Google comes from an ipv6 address.

The IP address is not parsed properly I think in the haproxy protocol,
and I suspect that was fixed in send-proxy-v2 which I believe Postfix
doesn't support. If this is the case, are their plans to support the
haproxy v2 version of the proxy protocol?

Hello,

Are you sure this really is the case? I have just similar setup with Haproxy version 1.8.12 with backends using Postfix 3.3.0 and I'm seeing correct IPv6 addresses in mail logs:

Jul 12 12:54:07 server postfix/smtpd[25942]: Anonymous TLS connection established from mail-wm0-x23a.google.com[2a00:1450:400c:c09::23a]: TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)

I'm using postscreen on the backends though with

postscreen_upstream_proxy_protocol=haproxy

smtpd_upstream_proxy_protocol is not set at all.

Regards,
Juha