Curtis:
> We recently switched our Postfix mail servers to Ubuntu Server 18, which
> uses journald for logging. Since we have monitoring systems that parse
> /var/log/maillog, we enabled rsyslog with imuxsock so we still can parse
> the log like we did before journald.  But, it's unreliable.

I recall that system-effing-d has a rare-limiting feature that very
helpfully drops Postfix logging.

Here's one search result with suggestions for systemd.
https://www.rootusers.com/how-to-change-log-rate-limiting-in-linux/

Another search result: systemd and rsyslog both have rate limits.
https://support.asperasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/216128628-How-to-disable-rsyslog-rate-limiting

It is time to update the Postfix page on LINUX logging brain damage.