Curtis:
> On 1/9/2019 5:55 PM, Robert L Mathews wrote:
> > On 1/9/19 4:05 PM, Curtis wrote:
> >> We recently switched our Postfix mail servers to Ubuntu Server 18, which
> >> uses journald for logging. Since we have monitoring systems that parse
> >> /var/log/maillog, we enabled rsyslog with imuxsock so we still can parse
> >> the log like we did before journald.? But, it's unreliable.

Postfix 3.4 will have support for logging to file and to stdout.

Otherwise, Postfix uses the syslog function, part of the system
library; Postfix has no control over where that library sends its
data. You may be able to tell systemd to keep its hands off the
syslog socket, in which case rsyslogd can do it job.