The majority of blacklists work on the individual host level (IPv4 /32 or IPv6 /64). If your provider's entire /22 is being listed by public blacklists then I suspect you either have a very disreputable provider or the provider has indicated that the /22 is intended for use by residential/dynamic subscribers only (not for mail servers). Most of the folks with the "bigger" setups you asked about tend to use reputable providers, use internet connections intended for servers, or obtain their own IP space. If you intend to operate an email server, you might want to find a provider whose policies allow you to do so reliably.