Richard Damon wrote:
That is a question to ask them. Basically the strict DMARC policy is
designed for transactional email, where spoofing is a real danger. The
side effect of it is that addresses on such a domain really shouldn't be
used on mailing lists, or any other 3rd party senders not specifically
set up for that by the domain owner. For the proper usages of this, it
really isn't much of a problem, as the sorts of institutions that deal
with this sort of transactional mail, probably shouldn't be using that
same domain for less formal usages that tends to go with a mailing list.

The problems arise when a domain that doesn't really need that level of
protection adopts it for some reason, especially if they don't inform
their users of the implications of that decision.

Hello Richard,

If I am wrong, please forgive me.

Many ISP/Registrars provide email forwarding, I even had a pobox.com account which I used for 10+ years with just forwarding feature.

When a mail like mail.ru was relayed by those providers, it sounds easy to break SPF/DKIM, so the recepients may reject the message. This is not good practice for the sender, even for mail.ru itself.

Am I right?

regards.