Hi,

I am using postfix to deliver my work mail from a remote location. This works
fine when I am on VPN (the postfix traffic goes through VPN then). However, it
gets identified as spam when VPN is not up while sending the e-mail. Since most
people do not routinely check their spam folders especially when an e-mail is
not expected from a recipient, and since VPN does not always stay up for me,
this presents a problem.

So, I am wondering if I it is possible to have a setup whereby postfix is
delayed unless/until VPN is up and running. If VPN is down, then I would like
postfix to be delayed until such time as it comes up. If it is possible, how do
I go about doing this? Other ideas?

For the record, I am running a fully updated Fedora 31 linux distribution but
this is likely irrelevant to the question.

Many thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions and best wishes,
Ranjan