* Bill Cole:

> Some have IPv6 connectivity and address space but no motivation to
> make their mail systems use IPv6.

A case of what we call Public Servant Mikado (whoever moves first has
lost). ;-) Seriously, I think that if one can support IPv6, one should
do it. Good hosting services and ISPs already offer native IPv6, and
those that don't should be pressured by customer demand to get their act
together.

> If one has a working IPv4-only mail system, adding IPv6 is pure work
> for no discernible benefit.

Adding a static IPv6 address to a Linux host is a simple one-time effort
that takes a couple of minutes. Then, tweak some Postfix settings like
inet_interfaces, inet_protocols and maybe smtp_bind_address6. Create a
DNS AAAA record, update the SPF record.

Overall, I estimate that getting a Postfix-based MX IPv6-ready should
take about 15 minutes, and I think it is time well spent.

-Ralph