On 26 May 2020, at 15:11, Marvin Renich <m...@renich.org> wrote:
> However, when I first set up greylisting on my family email server (it
> was exim way back then, but has long been postfix), I set it up so that
> all incoming mail was sent through spamassassin _during_ SMTP, prior to
> accept or reject.  Mail with a high enough spam score was rejected
> outright.  I then used greylisting _only_ for email whose spamassassin
> score was considered spam, but not high enough to reject outright.

This method can work, but for me anymore the zone between accept mail that
might be spam and reject during MSTP has narrowed considerably over the years
(anything over 5.0 in SA gets tagged as spam and anything over 7.0 gets
rejected outright), so this is not that useful anymore.

And, somehow banks seemed to frequently send messages that appeared spammy
(much less of a problem now), to was not rare to see a bank mail hitting a
score that was high enough to kick in the greylist and then the banks would
never retry.

--
Can I tell you the truth? I mean this isn't like TV news, is it?