On 10.02.21 13:57, Chris Green wrote:
It would be really handy if I could get postfix to use the value
returned by the dnsdomainname command for its mydomain value as I
could then use the same main.cf file in several headless 'send only'
systems where postfix is used solely for sending error messages from
cron and similar.

There isn't an 'include' type directive in postfix configuration so I
can't see any way of doing this by capturing the output of
dnsdomainname at startup and then including this in main.cf.

Has anyone else wanted to do anything like this and come up with a
solution?

the default is get from your myhostname, can't you set up that one?

btw are you sure you dont mean myorigin instead of mydomain?

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.