> Date: Thursday, April 22, 2021 19:26:57 +0200
> From: Claus Assmann <ca+postfix-us...@esmtp.org>
>
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, John Levine wrote:
>> Nope, vanilla install on MacOS.
> Not sure what your "vanilla install" is...
>
> Firefox 88.0 on MacOS:
> www.postfix.org
> and
> http://www.postfix.org/
> show the web page just fine without a problem.
>
> It would be nice if the people who write browsers don't try to force
> their kind of "standards" on others... ("but you can get a free
> cert" -- what happens when those browsers do not "accept" those
> free certs anymore?)

The interaction one gets with firefox with a non-https site depends
on how one has set the "HTTPS-Only Mode" options at the bottom of the
privacy & security preferences. With it enabled I get a warning, but
can select to continue to the HTTP site. With it off I connect
without any warnings, but the lock in the URL bar has a line through
it.