On 2021-05-15 at 20:16:29 UTC-0400 (Sat, 15 May 2021 20:16:29 -0400)
J Doe <gene...@nativemethods.com>
is rumored to have said:

As it stands right now I have not changed any of the milters to examine the daemon name of "ORIGINATING" and everything is working.

Is this because I have separate flows - submission and smtpd ?

A milter would only see messages as part of distinct 'flows' if they check for the daemon name, as the connections between an MTA and a milter are not persistent. The only one of your milters that needs to treat inbound and outbound mail differently is OpenDKIM, which in most cases can make the sign/verify decision based on other criteria (see the OPERATION section of the opendkim man page.)

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire