Hello,

I have a question about the man pages for the service daemons that are executed via master(8).

A section that is shared in all of the service daemon man pages is "CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS". In bounce(8) there are parameters under this section that relate to delivery status notifications. For instance: delay_notice_recipient. This made me think that bounce(8) is solely responsible for DSN's.

When I check cleanup(8) under "CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS" I see: delay_warning_time which also relates to DSN's.

I understand that both of these parameters are configured in one place: main.cf but my questions are:

1. When a parameter is listed under "CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS" does that mean it _only_ applies to its' service daemon ? This would mean that: delay_notice_recipient is "owned" via bounce(8) and: delay_warning_time is "owned" via cleanup(8) 2. If question 1 is correct why does DSN functionality have it's implementation divided between 2 daemons ?
3. Do other service daemons subdivide responsibility for a function ?

For clarity - questions 2 and 3 aren't a critique of the design; it's more to help my brain understand things (one functionality provided by one service daemon is currently more understandable to my confused brain!).

Thanks,

- J