On 6/14/2021 7:21 AM, Bill wrote:
What I'm trying to achieve is something like:

mail in -> [ Postfix       ] -> deliver over vpn -> [ Postfix       ] -> deliver
locally -> [ Dovecot IMAP  ]
            [ CloudServer A ]                        [ LocalServer B ]
             [ LocalServer B ]

                     ^
                  | deliver locally ONLY if vpn link is down

            [ Dovecot IMAP  ]
            [ CloudServer A ]               move/deliver ASAP when the vpn link
is back up

So for the time the vpn link is down, the setup would store messages in a cloud
IMAP instance so I could access them THERE.
And as soon as the link came back up the messages would get moved out of the
cloud and to my usual local store.

Maybe use local (split DNS) MX records records to deliver locally when the remote vpn connection Postfix-B is unavailable. This would probably require a second local postfix instance to receive the mail for dovecot since MX records require an SMTP hop.

Then use a doveadmin command from cron to sync/move any local mail to the remote B instance periodically.

Actually, my first thought is if the vpn is frequently down, then *that's* the problem to fix. Or just keep all the mail on the cloud-A and access IMAP over the internet.

  -- Noel Jones