On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 11:14 PM <post...@ptld.com> wrote:

> > likely at least a minimal attempt to avoid naming conflicts. renaming
> > forked the code (hopefully) helps avoid blaming Wietse for whatever gets
> > broken in that fork.
>
> Wait, so its a fork of Postfix?

No.

> And not the same code as what Wietse releases for the same version?

They provide srpms, you can easily open it and see for yourself.
All the patches are included, the .spec file is included and postfix source
is included (it's official postfix source, i verified the checksums).
I use the repo on some installations and I am very happy with it.

I do not know about the name, but if I had to GUESS, it's called postfix3
because rhel7 has postfix 2.10 (or something) by default. So the name
indicates a major version bump.
It's pretty common in rhel world. And it remained named this way rhel 8 for
convenience? Just ask the maintainers. They include a contacts and mailing
list, irc channel. There is also email in specfile changelog.
Please don't speculate.

J.