Dnia 12.04.2022 o godz. 15:03:40 Richard Rasker pisze:

> Sorry, I wasn't being clear here. What I mean to ask is if (and how)
> using a mail relay for sending mail could solve the problem that at
> the receiving end, reverse DNS does not match the originating
> domain.

Reverse DNS doesn't have to match the originating domain. But it has to be
consistent (ie. IP address -> PTR name -> the same IP address) and it has to
be "non-generic", ie. "smtp.xs4all.nl" is good, while
"195-121-65-191.dc.kpn.net" is not, as it seems too generic and many
mailservers will reject such name. (Also, as someone noted, IP address
195.121.65.191 is included in SORBS Dynamic IP Addresses blacklist, so mail
from this address will be rejected by most systems anyway)

If the mail relay's *outgoing* IP address (note: we don't know the actual
*outgoing* IP address that smtp.xs4all.nl uses, we know only the incoming
address used to submit mail) has a non-generic and properly resolving PTR
hostname, using a relay should solve your problem.

However, while mail relay's PTR name doesn't have to match the originating
domain, its IP address (the outgoing one) should be included in SPF record
for the originating domain, if you do use SPF.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa