On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 11:40:17AM -0400, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> Are you sure it's not systemd-resolvd.  It will happily override your
> resolver settings if it doesn't like your resolver.  I've found that in
> my setups, to install my own resolver (usually pdns-recursor)  and
> disable systemd-resolvd and dnsmasq.  speeds things up dramatically.
> Makes things much more reliable.

After configuring and starting a local resolver listening on 127.0.0.1:

    # systemctl stop systemd-resolved
    # systemctl mask systemd-resolved
    # cat > /etc/resolv.conf.loopback <<'EOF'
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    options edns0 trust-ad
    EOF
    # rsync /etc/resolv.conf.loopback /etc/resolv.conf

Perhaps also update "nsswitch.conf" to list only "files dns" for
"hosts", or, on some systems "files myhostname dns" (automatic
resolution of local IPs).

--
    Viktor.