i try to remove "smtp_sasl_password_maps" to main.cf but external mail not send !
In the log file, i can see "fatal error smtp_sasl_password_maps".

I honestly don't know how to fix it...

Il 2023-03-12 13:26 Gerald Galster via Postfix-users ha scritto:
I have checked the commands you listed in your first email, but I do not find any errors in the database, table, or MySQL service. Perhaps, as you say, this is not the correct path for the configuration.

Currently you are connecting via unix domain sockets.
Mysql usually listens to 127.0.0.1 port 3306 (tcp) as well.
You could try that but beware that mysql treats connections
from unix domain sockets and tcp differently. You might need
to allow (grant) host '127.0.0.1' access for mysql postfix user.

It may be easier to locate the unix domain socket.
You can configure the path via hosts:
https://serversmtptrail.com/tracking/qaR9ZGp0AwV3AwplBQtmAGVkBGD1AvM5qzS4qaR9ZQbjHt
I already suggested how you could locate the socket path.

I just want to send mail directly from the Postfix server without a relayhost.

Then you don't neet smtp_sasl_password_maps. Leave it empty.

For testing purposes try to send an email via console/ssh,
e.g. using /usr/bin/mailx and watch your maillog.

Best regards,
Gerald