for only 200 users, you are adding a lot of complexity with an SQL database and
no real benefits.

my suggestion for small systems, is to use dovecot with the Maildir format, and
to separate domains/virtual hosts as separate system users, thus email accounts
are stored as (for example the email i...@domain.com) :
/home/domain/mail/domain.com/mail/info

email accounts can be stored as simple passwd files under :
/home/domain/etc/domain.com/passwd

a system like that can easily handle thousands of email accounts. An extra
benefit, is that each domain is isolated and separated from other account
domains, which is something supported by SELinux on enterprise linux distros
(Alma, Rocky, Oracle, etc).

no need for an SQL database.