Hi,

To channel bounce reports to multiple sender domains I control to
specific addresses for analysis I used:

In main.cf:
canonical_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/canonical
canonical_classes = envelope_sender

In canonical:

/@abc\.com/          addres...@whereto.com
/@def\.com/           addres...@whereto.com
/@ghi\.com/           addres...@whereto.com
/@jkl\.com/             addres...@whereto.com

I checked the regular expressions using (for instance):
postmap -q "i...@ghi.com" regexp:/etc/postfix/canonical
postmap -q "i...@abc.com" regexp:/etc/postfix/canonical

Got (in order):
addres...@whereto.com
addres...@whereto.com

I then postmapped /etc/postfix/canonical and restarted the server.

For some reason, the envelope sender is not modified properly when sending
mail.  A mail sent from "whate...@ghi.com" would leave this trace in
maillog:

Apr  9 10:44:52 acer postfix/qmgr[2299936]: 5CC3CC5ECD: from=<
addres...@whereto.com>, size=520, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

The "from" should be  "addres...@whereto.com" as specified in canonical.
There is no "catchall" regexp put by mistake before the list you see above,
and nothing after that could have that effect.

I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.  Any help would be much appreciated.