Hello,

Thank you for your reply. My apologies, I thought these issues were
all possibly interrelated.

To the first issue the postfix process dying. I looked at the service
startup definition on my debian 12 system that's in
/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service I believe this is the section with
the information you requested:

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/bin/true
ExecReload=/bin/true

I stopped and started postfix and used:

systemctl --full --no-pager status postfix

that didn't tell me more than I already knew:

#systemctl --full --no-pager status postfix
? postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service; enabled;
preset: enabled)
     Active: active (exited) since Thu 2023-07-20 08:31:16 EDT; 11s ago
       Docs: man:postfix(1)
    Process: 59286 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 59286 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jul 20 08:31:16 hostname.example.com systemd[1]: Starting
postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent...
Jul 20 08:31:16 hostname.example.com systemd[1]: Finished
postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent.

I ran "postfix check" I get no warnings. I checked for both selinux
and apparmor neither is installed. I ran "postfix set-permissions"
again no warnings.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.
Dave.