On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 08:45:46AM -0400, David Mehler via Postfix-users wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. My apologies, I thought these issues were
> all possibly interrelated.
>
> To the first issue the postfix process dying.

Quite possibly, the right formulation is "exiting as expected", rather
than "dying".

If the master(8) process is still running, "Postfix" is running and not
"dead", but individual services listed in master.cf may be encountering
fatal problems.

So the "exited" status may be a non-problem, and your problems are all
the file permission and related issues.  If so, now move on to one of
the other problems.

--
    Viktor.