Thanks for your feedback, Darrel! I hope, your query results will look fine.

Regards,

Birgit

Am 24.11.2015 um 14:00 schrieb Darrel Maddy:

Dear Birgit,

Very many thanks. The query is now running – so it is no longer giving an error. I will not know for a few hours whether it is calculating the necessary values but it seems progress is being made.

I have a book coming on SQL – I clearly need to do my homework more thoroughly J

I will confirm when it stops!

Best wishes

Darrel

*From:*postgis-users [mailto:postgis-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] *On Behalf Of *Birgit Laggner
*Sent:* 24 November 2015 12:19
*To:* postgis-users@lists.osgeo.org
*Subject:* Re: [postgis-users] Help with SQL query?

Hi Darrel,

my PostGIS version is too old for testing, but if I read the documentation right, then your expression has to be SQL. And IF THEN ELSE etc. is not SQL as far as I know - SQL has CASE WHEN.

So, I would assume, you would need to write your expression like this:

'CASE WHEN [rast2] > 0.0 THEN [rast1] ELSE NULL END'

I am curious if this helps with your error...

Regards,

Birgit