Christian Schaffer wrote:
Hi list,

compiling Postgis 1.3.2 on a Solaris 10 x86_64, I?m running into a fatal error while executing lwpostgis.sql.
My prerequisites are:
Solaris 10, x86_64
Postgres 8.2.6 (packaged for Solaris by www.blastwave.org)
proj 4.4.8 (packaged for Solaris by www.blastwave.org)
geos 3.0.0 (compiled myself)
This is the output:
# psql -d template_postgis -f test.txt -U postgres
psql:test.txt:4: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:test.txt:4: ERROR: could not load library "/usr/local/postgis-1.3.2/lib/liblwgeom.so": ld.so.1: postgres: Schwerer Fehler: Verschiebungsfehler: Datei /usr/local/postgis-1.3.2/lib/liblwgeom.so: Symbol pj_set_searchpath: referenziertes Symbol nicht gefunden

Google didn?t tell me much about this error. So I?d appreciate, if you were able to help.

Chris,

It appears that pj_searchpath() was added to PROJ.4 in 4.4.9 (back in 2004!)

I think you will need to either upgrade to a newer PROJ.4 or comment out this
call which may impede finding datum shift files.

Best regards,