Hi,

On 07/17/2012 01:30 PM, Steve Bennett wrote:
Could we consider changing the process? Any of these things would help:
1) A dev build where almost all pull requests are accepted, and which
is the accepted starting point for new features. (The production build
is a subset of those branches)
2) More reviewers/people with permission to accept pull requests for
the prod build
3) Lower standard required to accept pull requests.

May I, as a Potlatch outsider, offer

4) Carefully considered patches

I think that the assumption that any patch deserves to be applied - especially if it adds a new feature, or a new preset, or changes appearance, or has a side effect - is difficult. It is possible that some patches are kept waiting because the maintainer is too polite to say "nice work but I don't like how it modifies my project".

On github, of course anyone can make their "dev build" and they can choose which features to accept. However, again, expecting that any future development be based on a heap of auto-accepted not-maintainer-controlled pull requests would essentially mean going back to SVN where anybody could just dump their shit into the repository and leave the maintainer to separate the wheat from the chaff.

This is not to say that your patches are shit. I wouldn't be able to tell. Just a general note.

Bye
Frederik