Hello all,

I really want to thank Bruce and all the folks here for all the help 
with this terrific program.  I don't know how I would work without Power 
pro.

I set up a script back in the 3.3 days, and currently I have 4.1 running 
(just downloaded 4.7, so if that is my solution, just say so).

My scenario: I use "clipcaptured" to move a snip of text to 4 variables, 
I call a, B , c, d.  I copy certain parts of an e-mail I receive from my 
office and the different parts get assigned to those variables.

I then run a script where I insert the variable text into the script - 
it allows me to place the name, city, e-mail address, into the e-mail I 
am sending.

The line I use is:

*clip textPaste &(d)

What is happening is that as the above line is run, Power pro 'copies' 
the item to the clipboard, then pastes it in place.  The problem is that 
then all the other items in the variables are sequentially moved, and 
the references are no longer valid.

For example, I copy the 'name' then the 'e-mail' then run the script. 
At that point, the name is variable 'B' and the email is 'a'.  As soon 
as the script runs, the e-mail is 'copied' and now the e-mail is 
variable a and B, then when the script tries to paste variable B, it 
does so, but it is now the same.

Am I making sense as to my problem?  Suggestions?, Or do you need more 
info to help me out?

I think I need a way to insert the text from the variable into the 
script without a 'copy' command being sent to the clipboard.

Thanks in advance.
Ray Ramirez

Take Care, Ray Ramirez DVM
"None of us is as smart as all of us" Abraham Lincoln

Reply via email to