First: Thanks for this program, I've only been using it for about two and a
half weeks, but it is the best program I have ever found for windows.
I'm using:
powerpro 4.7 on WindowsXP Pro SP2 fully updated
What I'm trying to do:
I have written a script that runs when the mouse wheel scrolls, if it
scrolls on the desktop it flips to the next/previous vdesk, if it scrolls
over a windows caption it adds/subtracts 10 points of transparency to the
window, and if it scrolls over the main window of my music player it
raises/lowers the volume. This all functions nicely as far as that goes.
The problem is:
When I scroll for things other than normal scrolling it still scrolls
whatever window is focused. So, I have things happening like; a load song
comes on, I quickly scroll the volume down, look back and I've scrolled what
I was doing pretty far :(
What I have done so far:
I have added an else statement to the end of the script so the if nothing
matches anywhere else it will use exec.scrollwindow() 3 or -3 depending on
direction of scroll and checked the box to block the scroll wheel when it is
assigned to a hotkey. This works fine for almost everything, but fails to
scroll in Firefox or OpenOffice, & I use those to much to lose scrolling in
them.
I have also tried 'Grey checking' that box, with & without the else clause
in the script, but it seems to block all mouse wheel events still.
After much experimenting I have been able to get the MouseTrap plugin to
scroll both of these programs, using *Firefox for Firefox, and =soffice for
OpenOffice. The problem with this is that I have to use ANY for the area as
HTCLIENT doesn't seem to work, (although it will scroll some windows if you
actually click in the client area first) so I lose the ability to scroll the
transparency with those programs.
I guess my question is:
Is there a way to script powerpro to send windows normal wheel click for
certain windows. Maybe like:
If(win.exename(winhandle) == "soffice")
Send_Normal_Scroll_Wheel_Event_To_Window
Or, have I missed something somewhere? Like maybe there's some secret to
getting MouseTrap to use the scroll wheel with areas other than ANY, or a
trick to getting the grey checked block wheel events option to work the way
I thought it should with a script??
On a side note:
Is there a way to check the transparency level of a window? Like:
win.gettrans("under"") or something?
And lastly, is there a way to reliably tell that the mouse is over the
desktop?
I'm currently using:
If((winhandle.clientwidth == xscreen) and (winhandle.clientheight ==
yscreen) and (winhandle.class == "Progman"))Do
I'm just wondering if there's an easier way?
Thanks for any help with this stuff, & definitely thanks for making the
program in the first place.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]