--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "Owen Watson" <o.m.watson@> wrote:
> >
> > Is it going to be fully installed in the final version of PP?
> 
> I have not decided whether to issue a version 4.8 to collect all the 
> small changes I did over the last few months.
> 
> My intuition is that anyone who would care about them or the new regex 
> plugin would already have downloaded the files.
> >
>

Hi Bruce, under that logic, new users would prefer the old regex
version to the new one (false imo, e.g., my pcf has novice users).

And existing users would prefer to have their regex downgraded anytime
they reinstall (also false imo :D)

The new regex does include the old functions, so where's the downside?

I would suggest to either quit distributing the regex plugin (You can
safely assume existing users already have some version of regex
installed) or include the new one. However you might want to hold off
on repackaging for just a bit, because PCRE 7.2 was released
yesterday, and I'm going to upload the new library and a documentation
update later today.

Regards,
Sheri

Reply via email to