--- In [email protected], "Ed Bronson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Thanks to the tip on removing {fast} from my win.keys statements, most
> of my Vista incompatibilities are gone. But, I still can't get my
> favorite folders bar working. The same command menu that worked in XP
> will not in Vista. 


I've probably hard coded the use of journal hooks to send the enter so 
it won't send.

I may take a look at this and provide a fix, but before I spend time on 
Vista issues, I'd want to know the overall compatibility.  Do you have 
30 minutes of so to try the following tests?

Based on other posts, I am assuming there are no issues if you sign on 
as am administrator and run PowerPro with admin privileges.  True?

I understand the issues come if you are not running as admin.  Can you 
try the following in that case:

Please test hot keys and mouse actions by running a simple command, 
like debug test or message test.

1.  Please uncheck "recognize hot keys when dos active" on 
configure|keys|setup.
Then please try hot key ctrl+alt+s.
If it does not work, does it work under keytrap plugin?
Try again with that checkbox checked.


2.  Please uncheck "double tap needed for F keys".  Check "recognize 
hot keys with dos box active"
Try F3 as hot key.  
Now try after setting target for hotkey to ~=notepad.  Does normal F3 
work to find next in notepad?

Please try again with double tap checked and with target blank.  Does 
double tap work?
Does normal F3 work to find next in notepad?

3.  Try middle press and hold as hot key.
Try right press and hold.
Try right click on caption.
If these do not work, do they work under mousetrap plugin?


4.  Uncheck command list|setup|all bars|use timer for caption and 
active bar.
Do active buttons work?  
Does caption position work?
Doea autorun menu work?

5.  Does tray icon support work? Can you even install it due to need to 
change registry -- you may have to be running as admin to install.

6.  Does enlarge file open/save dialogs work (GUI control)?

7.  Do taskbarbars work?

8.  Does context menu work?  Can you even install it due to need to 
change registry -- you may have to be running as admin to install.

9.  Does *mouse or win.mouse work, e.g. 
- try moving mouse cursor 
- try sending right click.
If not, does sending mouse clicks work under mousetrap plugin?

10. key recorder work for *keys configure using pproconf.

11.  Bonus extra:  can you replace the tray clock (if vista still has 
it) by powerpro text?  (Configure a command list with a single item and 
a *info of say hh:mm:ss


Reply via email to