--- In [email protected], "dleidinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way in PowerPro to search patterns in strings - like for 
> example:  a*.txt or like somehow in captions?
> Or is there a way to transform such a "normal" pattern into a regex ?

If this is of any help, it will get the equivalent of a*.txt from C:\

local myfiles=regex.pcreMatchAll(?"^(?im).+?\\a.*?\.txt$", ;;+
file.listfiles("C:/", 0)

I use Agent Ransack (freeware) for that kind of thing, you might want
to check it out:

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/


> 
> @Sheri
> A RegEx-Search on the PowerPro-Help-Files could be quite helpful 
> sometimes.
>

I use a pdf of the powerpro doc with a compiled search index. It isn't
regex, but its fast it has a number of options. I actually use the
latest Acrobat Reader version for reading it.

The latest I made isn't completely up to the minute but just posted to
the Files area anyway in case you can use it:

<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/files/Documentation/PPRoPDF47e.zip>

It takes over the computer for several hours to make one, which is why
I'm not updating it just now.

Regards,
Sheri

Reply via email to