--- In [email protected], sgp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> aviasd wrote:
> 
> > One question though - Why is the all mappings needed ? would not 
it be 
> > quicker just to refetch a list of active window similar exes, 
sort by 
> > process handle and switch to the next/previous (do it everytime 
the 
> > hotkey is called) ?
> 
> The mapping provides per-process lists. So it remember the notepad-
list, the explorer-list, and so on.
> Without the mapping it would lose knowledge of what the current 
window is as soon as you use the hotkey  
> for a different "process".
> 
I now understand what you mean , explorer and total commander for 
example dont create a seperate process for each new window they 
open , but most apps do (notepad as well), so I think getting all 
process ids  by the same exe name( which are already sorted by 
creation date (pid)) could work pretty well for me for now.

Thanks again,

Avi

> The vectoring is necessary to sort, the only built-in functions 
that I'm aware of are vector related, vec.sort, 
> vec.sortstring, vec.doublesort, vec.doublesortstring
> > 
> > Do you think the cpu impact so big  ?
> 
> I think the CPU impact is minimal.
>


Reply via email to