--- In [email protected], "pduff007" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have added about a dozen HTML mark up macros on the "Snippits text
> paste menu" for links, images, and so on.
> 
> This *keys macro is an example:
> 
> {sinp}<u></u>{left 4}
> 
> That works fine when I don't have anything selected and want to either
> type or paste in the underlined text after running the macro.  But I
> also want it work when I've pre-selected the text to be underlined
> with the mouse (or shift & arrow keys) and then run the macro.
> 
> I haven't been able to find commands in PowerPro for sTextSelected?,
> MoveToSelectionBegin, and MoveToSelectionEnd.

Those are not global windows type commands. You will find that type of
command in some editors, e.g., NoteTab (including the free version). 
I've got a NoteTab-centric PowerPro configuration that can be shared.
Among other things it allows a NoteTab scriptlet to be assigned to a
hotkey and/or processed in response to clicking on a PowerPro bar.
NoteTab has the type of HTML scriptlets you described.

Otherwise, depending on the edit control being used by your editor, it
is theoretically possible to access those functions within your
editor's process with PowerPro but not easy. The easiest way to
accomplish the task with PowerPro (where it will work with any editor)
is to write a script that would:

1. Save the Clipboard
2. Clear the Clipboard
3. Use keystrokes to copy to the clipboard
4. Alter the content of the clipboard as desired
5. Paste the altered text back to the application so it will replace
any highlighted text or insert at the current position.
6. Clear the Clipboard
7. Restore the original content to the clipboard.

Regards,
Sheri

Reply via email to