I just tried all the possible keysend options to get PowerPro to select text in
Notepad from the cursor position to the beginning of a line of text, i.e. I
tried sending {shift}{home}{shift} under Windows 7.

Result: au.send was the only way of doing it successfully.

It seems that the *keys {fast} method is broken as it won't even eat the
assigned trigger key, i.e. when I assign *keys {shift}{home}{shift} to key "a",
PowerPro sends "a" instead of the *keys combination. Do you think this might
mean a chance of fixing it?