Dan K wrote:

> but I've already spent waaaay too much time futzing with this.  <G>

Amen!  Thanks to everyone who's tried to help me out of this mudhole, but
now maybe we should all go back to saving the world or churning out great
novels or whatever else it is we do.  I downloaded a 7.5.2 disk tools image
and after getting caught up with all the not-done chores that have
accumulated over the past two days will experiment with getting the network
up and running that way (just to see what will happen), but figure that SCSI
disk mode is my ace in the whole.

With lots of gratitude,
Victoria
--

Don't blame me, I voted with the majority.